Thursday 25 September 2008

You and I

I heard that Pn. Thilaham shared her thoughts with you all about my decision in teaching in the future. This is why I write this blog today.

Dragging myself back from work and resting my butt and feet now under my table... But, the fingers are working again. Thanks to the invention of computers. Ever since then, the fingers of mankind have to work more than ever... LOL...

I dreamt of you all last night! In my dream, we were in the form 3 class and Aaron wsa still with his poor legs. I saw many many many of you. Carmen and Hsien Wei who were laughing and singing in my dream!!! XD... LOL!!! I cannot stop laughing thinking of that. Hsien Wei looked very happy and sing out loud... LOL... I wonder why Jasmine was so quiet in my dream... HAHA... It was my dream after all... HAHA... Well, I guess I just miss you all... 

Let me tell you all again. It is not because of teaching you all I might give up teaching. I do not deny that it is not a great passion and dream since young; however, there is a calling and some burning passion in teaching. I enjoy too to come to know you all and to teach you. It was a great experience ;)

Teaching is always challenging no matter who are the students. There are many factors I would want to go for teaching; at the same time, there are many reasons I would choose other career or prefession after I graduate. I wish to go to poorer places to teach because I do see the need of teachers at those places. Education is meant for everyone :) 

Never take any teacher for granted. Teachers choose teaching NOT because they do not have jobs. If you ever meet teachers who tell you that he or she takes up teaching because he or she does not have a job, I believe that they still need to search and realise the meaning and beauty of teaching. Sometimes school teachers could not have interesting activity as they really have a lot of classes, paper work, homework to mark and other matters to take care of. Don't think that it is the fault of our country or our education system. Even my friend, who was a Chemistry teacher in HongKong, faced the same hectic work in teaching secondary school. He finally ended being a teacher and choose other career. Teachers in the State face many similar problems too. We still have a lot to learn and practise to improve ourselves to be better and greater. 

If I am given a chance to be a teacher in local secondary, I wish I could be crazy, creative, caring and efficient teacher. My strength comes from God, my passion burns for God and my dreams are driven by Him. If one day in the future you see me in school,  you know where I invest my life ;) 

Take care! Hopefully ShinYee and Aaron are getting better. 

No comments: